A recipe from Vegan with a Vengeance by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
- 1 cup sushi or arborio rice, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the rinsed rice, water, and 1 1/2 cups of the soy milk in a small saucepan, cover, and bring to a boil. Lower heat and cook at a low simmer for 10 minutes, until the rice is mostly cooked.
- Add the cocoa, cinnamon, and semisweet chocolate, and stir until well combined and the chocolate is melted. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of soy milk, and the maple syrup and vanilla. Stir constantly for 5 minutes; if it looks too thick add a little more soy milk.
- Remove from heat and let sit until it is at room temperature, then cover with plastic wrap and chill for an hour and serve.