From the Collection of Marg Dye.
This is what the month of June tastes like in memories…
- Prepared pie shell
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, whole or halved
- 1 cup fresh halved strawberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Prepare pastry for one 9” pie plate, and prick with a fork.
- Bake the shell in hot oven 450F, 10-12 minutes. Cool.
- Line shell with 3 cups fresh strawberries, whole or halved.
- Simmer 1 cup strawberries and the water in a saucepan about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with sugar and add to cooked fruit.
- Cook until mixture is thick and clear, stirring constantly.
- Add lemon juice and cool slightly.
- Pour over berries in pastry shell. Chill thoroughly before serving.
Decorate with sweetened whipped cream if desired but it is
unlikely to improve upon what is already perfection itself…