Tried and tested and still delicious about 50 years on…
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp icing sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup undiluted evaporated milk
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- fresh strawberries, sliced
- Combine 1 cup flour and icing sugar. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press dough evenly over bottom and side of a 9” flan pan with removable bottom, or 9” pie plate.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in granulated sugar, 2 tbsp flour and egg. Gradually beat in evaporated milk.
- Stir in lemon juice and rind.
- Pour into prepared shell.
- Bake in 350F oven 20 to25 min.
- Cool and top with strawberry slices.