From the Collection of Marg Dye
Also known as Marg's Famous Shortbread, this is substantial shortbread - not the melt-in-your-mouth kind.
- 2 cups butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add egg yolk and stir well.
- Then add flour a little at a time, until dough is the consistency of putty.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch thickness.
- Prick with a fork and cut into shapes.
- Bake in 325 F oven until firm and golden brown (about 30 minutes).