From “Company’s Coming: Dinners of the World”. Originally featured in Foodstuffs Hot Off the Griddle, August 1994.
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and minced
- 4 or 5 zucchini (~6”) unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups kernel corn
- 7 1/2 oz tomato sauce
- 4 oz canned chopped green chillies
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat the cooking oil in a large frying pan.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and corn, stirring and cooking until tender (3 or 4 minutes).
- Add next five ingredients, heat until bubbling and turn out into a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
Serves approx. 8