From High Fibre Recipes by Gina Steer
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil, plus 1 tsp
- 25g butter
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- 150g oats
- 125g aged cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 275g baking potatoes, peeled
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Heat the oil and half the butter in a saucepan until melted.
- Add the onions and garlic and gently cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and tip into a large bowl.
- Spread the oats out on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 12 minutes. Leave to cool, then add to the onions with the cheese, eggs, and parsley. Season to taste and mix well.
- Line the base of an 8 inch round tin with greaseproof paper and oil well. Thinly slice the potato and arrange the slices on the base, overlapping them slightly.
- Spoon the cheese and oat mixture on top of the potato, spreading evenly. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Invert the pie onto a baking sheet so that the potatoes are on top. Carefully remove the tin and paper.
- Melt remaining butter and brush over the potato topping. Place under broiler until the potatoes are lightly browned, cut into wedges, and serve.