A recipe from Company’s Coming by Jean Pare
- 14oz can of light coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 19 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 14 oz can of cut baby corn, drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup pot barley
- 1 cup chopped fresh asparagus
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- Whisk first 6 ingredients in medium bowl until smooth.
- Put next 6 ingredients in 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker.
- Pour coconut milk mixture over top. Stir. Cook, covered, on Low for 8-9 hours or on High for 4-4 1/2 hours.
- Add asparagus and red pepper. Cook, covered, on High for 20-30 minutes until asparagus and red pepper are tender-crisp.
Makes about 8 cups.