From Hot Off the Griddle #21, November 1993.
- 24 oz. container mincemeat
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Prepare pastry shell for 2-crust pie: Roll out half of dough and fit into 9” pie plate. Trim edge even with pie plate.
- Combine mincemeat, cranberries, pecans and lemon juice.
- Mix well; spread evenly in shell.
- Roll out remaining pastry dough. Cut into 1/2” strips. Arrange in lattice fashion over filling.
- Tuck strips under bottom crust. Seal and flute edge.
- Brush top with beaten yolk.
- Bake on lower oven rack in a preheated 425 F oven for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350F for 25 or 30 minutes or until crust is golden.
Serve warm or cooled.