From Light & Easy Diabetes Cuisine. We first printed it in Hot Off the Griddle #47, January 1996.
- 8 ounces orzo or other small pasta
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp pine nuts (pignoli)
- 1 tbsp dried leaf basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large kettle of water to a boil and cook orzo until al dente, 3 minutes.
- Drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, in a small, non-stick skillet heat oil and stir in pine nuts.
- Cook until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add basil. Toss with orzo; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat through and serve.