From “Cooking Vegetarian”.
Assemble the kabobs before a picnic or beach barbecue. Serve on a bed of rice or in a pita pocket.
- 1 pkg. firm tofu (10 oz/300g)
- Tofu Marinade (following)
- 16 small mushrooms
- 1 sweet red bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp grated peeled ginger root
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- In blender, puree all ingredients for marinade; blend for 10 seconds (until smooth).
- Transfer to jar with tight-fitting lid. (Marinade will keep in the fridge for 2-3 weeks).
- Cut tofu into 3/4 inch cubes
- Cover with Tofu Marinade and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Cut bell pepper and zucchini into same size pieces as tofu.
- Starting and ending with mushrooms, thread vegetables and tofu onto eight 10” bamboo skewers.
- Grill skewers or place on baking sheet 6” under broiler for 10 minutes, turning and basting occasionally with marinade.
Makes 4 servings.