Recipe from The Grain & Salt Society (spring 2001)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions, finely sliced
- lettuce leaves as a garnish
Mint Garlic Dressing:
- 1/4-1/3 cup fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/2 cup unrefined organic olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint leaves, minced
- Thoroughly rinse quinoa; place in a saucepan with sea salt and 2 cups of water, bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer; cook 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- When quinoa is cool, add cucumber, parsley and scallions.
- Make the mint garlic dressing by combining lemon juice, mint and garlic in a blender. Turn the blender on and slowly add olive oil to emulsify.
- Toss mint garlic dressing with the cooked quinoa. Chill before serving. Serve on lettuce leaves.