From Hot Off the Griddle #52, June 1996.
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup currants
- 2 1/2 cooked long grain rice, well drained
- 3/4 cup chopped, blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup shelled walnuts, chopped
- 15 oz. can peach slices, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cucumber, cubed
- 1 cup cooked red kidney beans
- 1 1/4 tbsp chopped pitted olives
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and freshly ground black pepper in a screw top jar; shake vigorously.
- Soak the sultanas and currants in sufficient boiling water to cover, for 10 minutes.
- Drain the fruits.
- Mix the rice, nuts and soaked sultanas and currants.
- Add the chopped peaches, cucumber, red kidney beans and olives.
- Add the dresssing and toss lightly together.
- Serve on a bed of chopped lettuce.