From Canadian Living magazine July 2014
- 1 cup (250 mL) wheat berries
- 4 cups (1 L) broccoli florets (about one small head)
- 3 Tbsp (45 ML) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garam masala
- 1 tsp (5 mL) liquid honey
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 can (540 mL) chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) diced red onion
- 1/3 cup (75 (mL) torn fresh cilantro
- In large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook wheat berries, covered, until chewy on the outside with a soft centre, about one hour; let cool.
- Meanwhile, place broccoli in steamer over boiling water; cover and steam until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes; set aside and let cool.
- In large bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, garam masala, honey, salt and pepper.
- Stir in wheat berries, broccoli, chickpeas, onion and cilantro.
- Toss to combine.