From Canadian Living magazine July 2014
- 500 grams yellow-fleshed baby potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) lemon zest
- 4 tsp (18 mL) lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh chives
- In large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes; drain, reserving 2 Tbsp cooking liquid. Let cool enough to handle; peel and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in food processor, pulse together basil, all but 1 Tbsp of walnuts, the Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper until mixture becomes coarse paste; scrape down side.
- With motor running, add oil and reserve cooking liquid in thin, steady stream until smooth.
- Toss potatoes with pesto and half the chives to coat.
- Top with remaining chives and reserved walnuts.