Selection from "Star Palate, Celebrity Cookbook for a Cure."
- 1 to 2 fennel bulbs, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 4 cups seeded watermelon chunks
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped black olives
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 bunch green onions, green part only, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups crumbled Bulgarian feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place fennel, watermelon, black olives, red onion, green onion, basil and feta in large bowl. Add lemon juice, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and toss well.
- Divide among salad plates and serve immediately.
Yields 6 to 8 servings.