Selection from "Star Palate, Celebrity Cookbook for a Cure."
- 1 zucchini, cut in 1/2" thick long diagonal slices
- 1 yellow crook necked squash, cut in 1/2" thick long diagonal slices
- 1 large eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/2" thick rounds
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 6 wedges and seeded
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced crosswise into 1/3 to 1/2" thick rounds
- Olive oil, Kosher salt, and cracked black pepper
LEMON THYME VINAIGRETTE
- 1 1/2 tsp very fine minced lemon zest
- 1 tsp very finely minced thyme
- 1 tsp very finely minced garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Make Lemon Thyme vinaigrette. Wish all ingredients together, gradually drizzling in the oil at the end and hiking until emulsified. Reserve.
- Get fire going in grill. You will want to start grilling vegetables over pretty hot coals.
- Lay out vegetables on a baking sheet and drizzle or brush with olive oil.
- Place vegetables over hot coals and grill for about 1 to 3 minutes on each side to mark nicely.
- Move vegetables to cooler area of grill and cook, turning occasionally, until just done to your taste. Allow about 3 to 4 minutes total for pepper, 4 to 6 for zucchini and yellow squash, about 6 to 8 minutes for eggplant and onion. For firmer vegetables, cover them loosely with foil or grill lid for a few minutes of the cooking time so the centre gets tender.
- As vegetables are done, remove from grill and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle generously with lemon thyme vinaigrette.