For use with Pomona's Pectin.
Strawberry, Kiwi, Currant, Raspberry, Gooseberry, Sour Blackberry, Sour Cherry, Sour Plum, Pineapple.
- 4 cups mashed fruit
- 1/2-1 cup honey or 3/4 cup sugar
PECTIN CALCIUM WATER
- 2 tsp pectin powder
- 1 tsp calcium water
- Was and rinse jars; let stand in hot water. Bring lids and rings to boil; turn down heat; let stand in hot water.
- Prepare fruit, measure fruit in pan.
- Add proper amount of calcium water from jar into pan; stir well.
- Measure sugar or room-temperature honey into separate bowl. Thoroughly mix proper amount of pectin powder into honey or sugar.
- Bring fruit to boil. Add pectin-honey or pectin-sugar. Stir vigorously 1-2 minutes while cooking to dissolve pectin. Return to boil and remove from heat.
- Fill jars to 1/4 inch on top. Wipe rims clean. Screw on 2-piece lids. Put filled jars in boiling water to cover. Boil 10 minutes. Remove from water. Let jars cool. Check seals... lids should be sucked down.