From "Fresh Moroccan"
This salad contains E and C vitamins and has oils that feed the brain and hydrate the skin, while thyme is an excellent hair strengthener...in fact, this could be called a beauty salad. To increase the nutrients, add some watercress, which is high in antioxidants and is also anti-aging.
- 4-6 fresh mint leaves
- About 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3-4 paper-thin slices of fresh garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp confectioner's sugar
- 1 heaping Tbsp shelled pistachios
- 2 tsp pine nuts
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2-3/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 3/4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lb cucumbers, unpeeled
- 3/4 Tbsp orange flower water, or to taste
- Pinch of black pepper
- To make dressing, put mint, thyme, garlic, confectioner's sugar, pistachios and pine nuts in a mortar and pestle and pound until creamy.
- Gradually incorporate the oil, salt, and lime and lemon juices.
- Coarsely grate the cucumber into a bowl, add the flower water, and toss with dressing and pepper.
- This will keep up to 2 days in the refrigerator
Yields 4 servings.