From "As You Like It Cookbook"
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 medium egg
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp softened butter
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- Combine flours, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. (If you don't have oat flour on hand, you can make some by grinding 3/4 cup of oatmeal in a blender on high speed for about one minute).
- Place water, milk, egg, maple syrup, and butter in another mixing bowl and blend together with a fork or wire whisk.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture, and mix together with wooden spoon.
- Heat oil on griddle or large frying pan over medium heat.
- For each pancake, pour 1/2 cup of batter onto the griddle, and spread into a 4-inch circle. Cook for about 90 seconds, or until tops are bubbly and edges are dry. Using spatula, turn the pancakes over and cook for an additional minute, or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Serve with topping of your choice.
Yields 8 4-inch pancakes.