From Hot Off the Griddle #34, December 1994.
Another time, another place...
- 1 cup sifted enriched all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Cream 1/2 cup butter in large bowl.
- Blend in one 5 oz jar of cream cheese spread, one 5 oz. jar smoky cheese spread.
- Cream thoroughly.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Chill dough in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Place on waxed paper and shape into a round roll 2 inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper.
- Chill thoroughly in fridge at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut into slices about 1/8 inch thick and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in hot oven (450 deg.) 8 to 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Dough may be kept in refrigerator and baked as needed.