Low-fat but still ridiculously delicious. We found it in the “Full of Beans Cookbook”.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (or Romano, white kidney or Dutch brown beans)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- hot water
- chopped fresh chives or parsley
- Set aside about 7 whole chickpeas.
- In food processor or blender, combine beans, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, salt and hot pepper sauce.
- Process until pureed adding hot water to thin to consistency desired.
- Garnish with chives and reserved beans.
Makes about 1 3/4 cups.