Company’s Coming by Jean Pare
- 7 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup cooked amaranth
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- icing sugar, to sprinkle (optional)
- Beat first 5 ingredients in large bowl until frothy.
- Add amaranth. Beat until smooth.
- Combine flour and almonds in medium bowl. Fold flour mixture into egg mixture.
- Pour batter into greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake in 350F oven for about 65 minutes until firm and wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let stand in pan for 5 minutes. Remove cake from pan and place on wire rack to cool.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar. Cuts into 16 wedges.