Test-driven by Foodstuffs staff and the cookies have been pronounced delicious.
- 2/3 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup old-fashioned peanut butter
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In small bowl, beat peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla with electric mixer until smooth, about 3 minutes. Mix in dry ingredients with wooden spoon, then gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll cookies into 2-inch dough balls and place onto cookie sheet 2 inches apart, then barely flatten top of cookie with your hand. The dough should be pretty sticky so if you find this method annoying, simply use a cookie scoop to drop the cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet. The cookies may not be as round in shape and perhaps a bit thicker, but that’s okay, they will still be delicious.
- Bake cookies for 9 to 11 minutes and remove when edges barely begin to turn a golden brown. The cookies may look a little underdone, but they will continue to cook once you remove them from the oven.
- Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
YIELD: 16-20 cookies