A recipe from Cookies! Created by: The Kitchens of Cy DeCosse Incorporated
- 3 cups uncooked old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 3 TBSP shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried fruit mix
- 1/2 to 1 tsp almond extract
- Line airtight container with wax paper. Set aside. In large mixing bowl, combine oats, cocount and seeds. Set aside.
- In 1-quart (1L) saucepan, combine sugar, butter and eggs. Cook over low heat until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Add dried fruit. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Cool slightly. Stir in almond extract. Pour fruit mixture over oat mixture. Stir until well blended.
- While mixture is still warm, shape into 1-inch balls. Place balls in prepared container. Store in refrigerator.