From Deborah Palmer of A Movable Feast.
Coffee, chocolate and whipping cream—a combination that’s hard to beat. Excellent for almost every occasion or just because …
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp gelatin
- 1/2 cup espresso coffee freshly brewed
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar (caster or powdered sugar)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Chocolate covered coffee beans
- Separate eggs. In medium-size bowl, beat egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- In second medium-size bowl, dilute the gelatin in 1/4 cup of water. Add espresso coffee, sugar and egg yolks. Beat until smooth.
- In third medium-size bowl, whip cream until it forms soft peaks. Fold into the coffee mixture (second bowl). Then fold in the beaten egg whites (from first bowl).
- Spoon the combined mixture into individual dessert cups or glasses.
- Refrigerate for two hours. Just before serving, decorate with a spoonful of whipped cream and a few chocolate covered coffee beans.