From Hot Off the Griddle, May 2004.
When you’re short on time and long on appetite.
- 1 1/4 cup orzo (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon zest (fresh peel)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp each chopped fresh parsley, mint and thyme
- Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Add orzo and salt liberally (should taste like sea water).
- Cook until tender (about 8 to 10 minutes) and drain.
- Combine chicken stock, butter and oil in a small pot.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Add cooked orzo, herbs, zest and lemon.
- Mix. Serve at room temperature.
OPTIONAL EXTRAS: Crumbled feta cheese, olives
Serves 4 to 6 as a side dish, depending on added extras.