First seen in Hot Off the Griddle, April 2004
From Deborah Palmer of A Movable Feast
An especially good recipe for men who like to stir things up.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 cups of chicken stock, heater to boiling and kept warm
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted with skins rubbed off
- 2 to 4 Tbsp freshly ground parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a heavy bottomed pot, saute onion in butter for 2 to 3 minutes. Add rice and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slowly begin adding stock 3/4 of a cup at a time for the first 3 or 4 additions, then 1/2 a cup at a time.
- After each addition, gently stir rice while liquid is being absorbed.
- Repeat process until liquid is absorbed or rice is just tender to the bite. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Cut asparagus into 1 to 2 inch pieces. Add them with the toasted hazelnuts to the risotto.
- Grate parmesan cheese over top.
- Add a little pepper.
Serve and enjoy.