From Deborah Palmer of A Movable Feast
Family favourite. Takes only minutes to prepare. Giant fluffy pancakes baked in the oven. They look and taste wonderful.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- Cinnamon to taste
- Vanilla extract, if you like
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Place butter In a 2 to 3 quart pan and set in oven. While the butter melts, mix batter quickly.
- Put eggs in a blender. Blend at high speed for 1 minute. With motor running, gradually pour in milk; then slowly add flour, sugar and flavourings. Continue blending for 30 more seconds.
- Remove pan from oven and pour in the batter.
- Return pan to oven and bake until pancake is puffy and well browned (20 to 25 minutes).
- If desired, dust pancake with ground nutmeg. Add desired garnish to top of pancake; fold over like a giant omelet.
- Cut in wedges and serve.
Be creative and garnish pancakes with a variety of your favourite sweet toppings …
Hot spiced fruit
Fresh fruit and whipped cream
Sauteed apples and /or pears
Jam and so on