From Company’s Coming by Jean Pare.
Impress family and friends! Surprisingly easy and awesome.
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup currants, raisins, pecans, walnuts . . . or nothing!
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in 1/4 cup butter until crumbly.
- Make a well in the centre. Pour milk into well.
- Stir to form soft dough ball, adding more milk if needed.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Knead 8 to 10 times.
- Roll into rectangle about 1/3 inch thick and 12 inches long.
- Cream butter, brown sugar and cinnamon together.
- Drop 1 tsp butter and sugar mixture into each of the 12 greased muffin tin cups. Sprinkle the remaining mixture over the dough.
- Sprinkle dough with currants, etc. Roll up lengthwise and cut into 12 slices.
- Place one slice into each muffin tin cup.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Turn out on tray.