From “Meals on a Shoestring".
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp each of baking soda, salt and cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 large peach, pared, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Generously grease eight 3” muffin pan cups.
- In medium bowl, combine yogurt, butter and egg.
- In separate bowl, combine next 7 ingredients.
- Stir into yogurt mixture.
- Add peaches and nuts.
- Spoon batter into cups.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
Loosen muffins from cups. Cool on wire rack.