Originally published in Foodstuffs Hot Off the Griddle, July 1993.
- Pastry for double crust 9 inch pie
- 4 to 5 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch or 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Mix together peaches, lemon juice, sugar and cornstarch.
- Turn into pastry lined pie plate.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust, seal and flute edges.
- Cut a few slashes in top.
- Bake in 425 degree oven for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 45 to 50 minutes longer.