Originally Published in Foodstuffs Hot Off the Griddle, July 1993.
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 12 peach halves, fresh or canned
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Into a mixing bowl sift flour, baking powder, salt and 2 Tbsp of the sugar.
- Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter or margarine.
- Press mixture firmly on bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan.
- Drain peaches and arrange on pastry.
- Sprinkle with combined cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Bake in hot oven 15 minutes.
- Blend egg and sour cream.
- Pour over peaches. Bake 30 minutes longer.
Serve cut in squares, either warm or cold.