- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Place bacon in large skillet. Cook over medium high heat. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease 9 inch pie pan.
- Line bottom of pie dish with cheese and crumbled bacon.
- In separate bowl, combine eggs, butter, onion, salt, flour and milk; whisk well. Some lumps are okay.
- Pour egg mixture into pie pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until set. Broil 5 more minutes if desired.
FOR A VEGETARIAN VERSION
Substitute for the bacon with 1/2 cup of your favourite vegetables: mushrooms, red peppers, asparagus, etc.