Has to be tried to be believed. How about trying it on pizza?
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 ½ Tbsp cornstarch/tapioca/arrowroot
- 2 cups water
- garlic powder to taste (say ½ to 1 tsp)
- onion powder to taste (say ½ to 1 tsp)
- Salt, optional
- In a good blender add dry ingredients first, then add wet ingredients.
- Mix well, until it looks smooth (1-2 minutes). It will thicken as you blend.
- Pour contents into a saucepan on medium heat. Stir constantly until it thickens.
Keeps for a few weeks in the fridge.