Walnut oil accentuates the nutty flavour of this delicious combination.
- 2 cups cooked red kidney, Dutch brown or Romano beans
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp walnut or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped sweet red pepper
- In a glass bowl, combine beans, walnuts, onion and garlic.
- In a small bowl or jar with tight fitting lid, whisk or shake together vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and brown sugar.
- Pour over bean mixture; toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate, stirring occasionally.
- Let sit for 6 hours, or up to 3 days.
- Spoon onto lettuce-lined bowl or blate and garnish with sweet red pepper.
Makes 4 servings.