From Deborah Palmer of A Movable Feast. Hot Off the Griddle, May 2004.
Ingredients should be chopped by hand for proper preparation. Avoid using food processor.
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 peppers, your choice of colours, seeded, sliced and diced small
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small mango: cut “cheeks” from either side of the stone, scoop flesh from skin, and dice
- 1 jalapeno chile, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp cilantro (fresh), minced
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 to 1 tsp sugar, or to taste, or not at all…
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chili powder if desired
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Let the salad marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to an hour for flavours to blend.
- Grate parmesan cheese over top.
- Add a little pepper. Serve. Enjoy