From Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine. We first printed it in Hot Off the Griddle #45, November 1995.
- 8 oz. vegetable flavoured fusili
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger root
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup drained and chopped canned Italian plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Bring a large kettle of water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil.
- Add pepper flakes, garlic, green onions, sun dried tomatoes, ginger root and orange zest.
- Stir fry 1 minute; then add pasta and stir fry 1 minute more.
- Add tomato paste, plum tomatoes, broth, salt and pepper.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Cook until heated through.
- Garnish with chives and drizzle with sesame oil.