From Canadian Living Magazine. First printed in Hot Off the Griddle #48, February 1996.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp each cider vinegar, chicken stock
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp each salt and ground cumin
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas, cooked
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red or green pepper
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 1/3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- In nonstick skillet, cook couscous over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- In small saucepan, bring stock to boil; add to couscous.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes; fluff with fork.
- In small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in vinegar, chicken stock, curry powder, sugar, salt, cumin and cinnamon.
- Add to couscous along with peas, sweet pepper and raisins; toss gently.
(Can cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.)