This is so cool and delicious…
- 3 cucumbers (or one large English cucumber)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 c sour cream
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Peel, then thinly slice cucumbers (leave some green on if you wish).
- Combine remaining ingredients. Mix into sliced cucumbers.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Some variations of this recipe call for adding the salt to the cucumber slices and letting them sit for 15 – 20 minutes to draw out the water, then squeezing them tenderly in a clean tea-towel to dry off the excess moisture.
The cucumber does “weep” a little into the sour cream if this is not done but it is easily stirred into the dressing again and it seems somehow more wholesome to be eating the juices too…
Makes 6 servings.