This is a great take-along salad for barbecues and picnics. Prepare the night before for a quick get-away to the party.
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 package chicken flavoured ramen noodles, crushed (uncooked)
Toast almonds and sesame seeds. Combine cabbage, green onions, almonds and sesame seeds.
Add crushed noodles.
- 1/2 cup oil (sesame, canola or sunflower … something light in flavour)
- 3 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 or 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Flavour packet from ramen noodles
Combine dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss. Keeps well overnight.