So much better than store-bought, and very simple to make.
Originally published in Foodstuffs Hot Off the Griddle, August 1994.
- 2/3 cup sunflower oil (may substitute a little olive oil for part of the measure)
- 1/3 cup vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic (peeled but not chopped)
- 1 sprig of your favourite fresh herbs
- dijon mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Put all the ingredients in a screw-topped jar , adding mustard, salt and pepper to taste.
Shake well to mix.
Stores well in the fridge.