From the Toronto Star. First printed at Foodstuffs in Hot Off the Griddle #48, February 1996.
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup snipped, oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add green beans and salt to taste.
- Cook until beans are just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain and immediately cool beans under cold running water.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, drained sun-dried tomatoes, basil and garlic.
- In small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over beans, mix well.
Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve immediately. Do not refrigerate.
Makes 6 servings.