From Hot Off the Griddle #52, June 1996. Contributed by Chris Dye
- 1 bag Camper’s Six Bean Soup Mix (recipe elsewhere in our collection)
- 8 cups water
- Remove bag of seasoning from soup mix; set aside.
- Rinse bean mixture.
- Add to large heavy soup kettle; stir in water.
- Bring to boil over campfire, grill or burner; reduce heat and simmer, covered and stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until beans are almost tender.
- Stir in seasonings; simmer, stirring frequently and adding more water as liquid evaporates, for 45 to 60 minutes or until beans are tender. (Some of them will be mushy and thicken the soup).
Makes 8 one-cup servings.