Originally published in Foodstuffs Hot Off the Griddle, October 1993.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 3 chicken bouillion cubes
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup long grain rice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- In a medium saucepan, saute onions in butter until golden.
- Add carrots and toss until coated with butter.
- Add bouillion cubes, water and rice.
- Cover and simmer until carrots are fork-tender and rice is cooked.
- Add salt.
- Whir in blender one-third at a time until smooth.
- Return to saucepan.
- Add milk and heat.
Makes 6 servings.