From Deborah Palmer of A Movable Feast
- ¾ cup dried dates
- ½ cup dried apricots
- 1 Tbsp tamarind paste
- 3 Tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp cayenne powder (optional)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup raisins, cranberries or other dried berry
- salt to taste
- Finely chop the dates and apricots and place them in a food processor with the tamarind paste, ketchup, ground coriander, sugar, chili powder and mint leaves.
- Add the water and blend the mixture in the processor until combined but still slightly chunky.
- Push the mixture down the sides of the processor and blend again for 1 minute (or longer if you want the chutney smooth).
- Place the mixture in a serving bowl and stir in the raisins. Season with the salt and chill until ready to serve.
Can be refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.